Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Idea 9: Volunteer in a Classroom

Today we'd like to share a letter we recently received from a volunteer. We were inspired by his message.

To the staff, students and volunteers at First Place:

I would like to thank you for the amazing and life changing opportunity to volunteer my time at First Place. Through my experience at First Place I have had the honor of meeting, interacting, and befriending several students, staff and fellow volunteers. I have had the opportunity to grow as an individual and as a member of my community.

There is a Chinese Proverb that says, “A single conversation with a wise man is better than ten years of study.” My experience with the children and staff at First Place have been like my “wise man” – I have learned things I could have never have learned about life and myself through studying, that I have at First Place and for that I am thankful.

Again, thank you for the opportunity to volunteer at First Place, it has been life changing and something I will never forget.

Warmly,
Michael
Volunteering will change the lives of our students, and quite possibly your own. If you are interested in volunteering, contact our Volunteer Manager Joyce Scoggins at 206 323 6715.

Thank you for all of your support of our programs thus far. And remember to check back for daily updates and ideas! If you have any questions about the Idea a Day postings, please email Melissa Collett, Marketing & Events Manager.

Previous Idea a Day Posts:
Write a Review on GreatNonprofits.org
Be a Secret Santa for a Child
Donate Office Supplies
Offer Your Talent
Shop Amazon.com Using School Rewards

No comments: